Exploding Kittens - kickstarter
  • https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens

I wanted to know the communities thoughts on this one possible pledge. Pure awesomeness or another variation of Flux?

• I don't even care. It's by The Oatmeal and he's amazing, so I'm definitely backing.
  • Well, maybe wouldn't the shipment cost be smaller if you back another copy for me? :)
  • Actually this looks ridiculously fun :)

• Is anyone actually really backing this? :)

• I did. Because it is Oatmeal.
    I suspect though, that this is one of those games, where theme is the only interesting thing, so it will get boring after first play. But we'll see.
  • I'll have to see how the stretch goals will go. So far, 50$ for 2 decks of cards seem a bit too much.
  • Reiiya, yes, thats my biggest fear as well.
    Darja, I agree, plus shipment is kinda expensive. So the price does get a little steep for what you are getting, but maybe its just me.
  • Wow - On Tuesday, with 22 days to go and more than 107,000 backers pledging $4.2 million, it became the most-backed Kickstarter project of all time.
  • Well, it's definitely the most funded board game (in terms of cash). The second most funded game (giving first place to the OUYA console) and 7th most funded project.
  • Im still hesitant, somehow I just thinks its the hype about the artwork/theme more then about the game mechanic.
  • Naturally. It hasn't been about the game mechanics for one second - it's always been about The Oatmeal.
  • Ye, but won't the game be available after the campaign? Doesn't seem like the base game or the expansion are kickstarter exclusive.

As for myself, I've decided not to pledge. It doesn't seem like the creators care too much about rewarding their backers for the support.
  • Also if you are patient enough, Kickstarter games usually are cheaper after campaign. Even with shipping included. Looks like this one is going to be one of those games.

Still backed it. I must be out of my mind.
  • Yes, you are. Tiny Epic Galaxies is struggling with their stretch goals and you're backing a 50$ card game.
  • Tiny Epic Galaxies are worth the troubles? :)
  • Absolutely :) we got double the content of the planned box due to stretchgoals. Check it out on kickstarter.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Poll

_PollData)):?>
    _PollAnswers->Result() as $Answer):?> votes / $this->_PollVotes) * 100)?>

• % ( votes)

CheckPermission('Plugins.Poll.Manage')):?> CheckPermission('Plugins.Poll.Manage')):?> No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion