Ludo Netrunner League S2
  • Time for a new and improved season of Netrunning. 

For further information visit THIS LINK HERE.

If you have any questions or comments, 
    please feel encouraged to leave them in this discussion.

Good luck and have fun!
  • great! :)
  • what does means Core Set draft? :O so we unpack core and take cards like after draft format?
  • The idea was that we buy a core set and then draft the cards that we want from it :) 1st seated get's first pick, 2nd gets second etc.. so you could get your 2nd SanSan or Desperado or whatever.. this sounds interesting, but I am not entirely sure if that would be the best prize solution. I myself would rather get something special for prizes rather than "useful".
  • 2nd SanSan - mmmm...  8->
  • 2nd sansan well get from official draft packs
  • Romas, from what I understand its not clear when those official draft packs will be published :) So why wait?
  • Well there is this thing also.. that we dunno when we can get regular core sets even :D so Id really focus more on some souvenir/trophy items for winners/participants instead actual products.
  • I think that I could get a regular core set :) So its OK from that perspective.

But I'd also go for something more "trophy-like".
  • how do u like to get Fear and Loathing for a winner?
  • during busy shcedule next week i would like to arrange some matches at 18.feb and 20.feb. Who would like to compete?almost any time..
  • Either 18 or 20 sound good for me.

About Fear and Loathing, its simpler just to order it :D
  • yes, ok its not so unique :) ..core set sound interesting, but it will work once..
    byes on next seasons?

Reinijs, what tokens u think can be for a prize?
  • I am looking at what's available, but it's not like there are much options that are cost effective.. so currently I see the artwork from Liga Smilshkalne as the best option, I just have to resume contact. 
  • Yes, I was also searching for the tokens, and what I saw was unreasonably expensive.
  • Not too much participants :) Was hoping for at least the same number of people as in the tournament day.
  • It's too complicate, people just want to play...
    And they are lazy :)
  • But this is exactly the opposite, less complicated and less time restrains. Register, find opponent, play the match, register result and move on. All done in a time that suits you best :)

Much easier than just having random Saturday spent on playing all day, with one deck and 10 matches :)
  • Yeah, I would also think this system to be more flexible and easy to participate in than a single day tournament. Maybe it's not as easy to understand cus it's not explained in person and you might be hesitated to organize your own playtime, but finding matches is simple - we saw really many plays last season so it's not a problem to find someone to play with.
  • Anyone for a league game tomorrow @18:30?
  • I would rather play in a format, which was before. It is really too complicated system to play.
  • Which part do you find complicated?
  • yes, Justinas, like we talked we can play @18:30
  • yurish, you mean about this google drive sheet VS the previous challengeboard? This is really nothing more complicated, maybe the spreadsheet view looks a bit horrifying, but it's simple - you just have to play a match and you will understand ;)
  • ReiNijs, no, not the google thing.

Previous scheme was build in a way, that I can play as many games with anyone, as I can. And it were really "just for fun" games. I was not interested in rating, but still I accepted all game results, because other were interested. But now this scheme is more like on challenge side, than on "fun" side.

Why not to keep previous league format, and transform this scheme into a championship? We would still be participating in league games(arranging as many games, as we like), and people who feel themselves strong and want more challenging tournaments, can participate in championships.

I think, that we still don't have such a big league, and the games are arranged in more like random way between players. 
  • yurish, its not replace '4fun' games! its just make part of them for rating, other for fun :) You should join!
  • Thanks for the feedback, yurish. We will see how we can make this format more friendly for not as competitive players in S3. It's just that regular games we can play either way - it does not take away anything from this event, you still want to test your decks outside the league, etc :) but we want something to compete in and something as a reward in the end, so there must be a bit more competitive format. 
  • Reini, 1st match played, how do report? :) i look all over and didnt find good place for that ;)
  • about trophy! maybe we can call each season by some cool name? Fear League and t.c, winner choose name for next. Prize in league could be some t-shiry with print, it be some usefull prize, so we can see who is the winner :)
  • and we could have 2 league in same type - competive and for fun.

So Reinijs we could play and talk ab.it?thursday?
  • Thursday I am playing Justinas in Ludo at 18:30, but it would be nice if you could come by and we could discuss this.

To report a match just go to the "results" sheet in the link above and idk who you played, but if you would have played me for example you should go to cell "B5" and write there "3" if you had won the match, or "1" if you had lost the match, or "2" if you had ended on a tie and that would be your score for the first game. To mark my score I would go to "H2". Basically each player marks their score in his row.
  • so we can play maybe at 24?

who can play for a league at thursday?
  • ohhh! result sheet, i didnt notice that :D
  • Reinijs, one more about league, how much match we need to play?at least on or pbligate to play 2?thank you
  • Yeah, I think we can play on 24th - 18:30 ok for you?

It is better for you if you manage to you play both as even a lose gives +1 :)
  • deal, at 24 ;)
  • league moving slowly, Reinijs have good start with 2 strike, need to decide with what will award Reinijs :D
    im able to play almost each day during a daylight, or some sunday-tuesdays at all day
  • We will have semi-finals and finals :P so until then only being in Top4 matters. Btw I am certain that we will be recording some or all of those games for later production and commentary (maybe not even only by us but some international friends if the games prove interesting enough).
  • yeap, i forgoth ab semi-, and finals :) so just 2 of us will be left outside..

btw, Reinijs made a Accelerated Diagnostic+SC combo at 2nd turn, with no ICE installed, lol and cry :D just stoled 3pointer :(

that would be 3min recording :)
  • Regarding prizes. I have not been able to restore contact with Līga for a while now so I guess those options are not available atm. I've also not found decently priced tokens, playmats or click trackers for our small group. 

What I would like to do is make a custom trophy that would be travelling for seasons to come between the winners, but you would get your name engraved at each season or maybe a medal to keep.. not sure how costly that is though. And maybe some fun souvenir cards or something to give out to everyone according to rank. 

The other option is the core set draft where we would agree on some sort of system, like winner gets to draft 1-single copy draft and 1-two copy draft > then runner-up would do the same > then others according to their rank and we would continue this until all cards are drafted. I would not vote for this solution, but I won't deny it if most participants will want it. I'll make a sort of a voting pool after checking out some more souvenir ideas and designs. 
  • Regarding prizes. I have not been able to restore contact with Līga for a while now so I guess those options are not available atm. I've also not found decently priced tokens, playmats or click trackers for our small group. 

I forgoth to show what i bought, very cool tokens, enough for 2 or 4 time 1st place awarding..

What I would like to do is make a custom trophy that would be travelling for seasons to come between the winners, but you would get your name engraved at each season or maybe a medal to keep.. not sure how costly that is though. And maybe some fun souvenir cards or something to give out to everyone according to rank.

Maybe we can have engaraved plate at ludo?and picture of previous winner?

draft 1-single copy draft and 1-two copy draft > then runner-up would do the same > then others according to their rank and we would continue this until all cards are drafte

Also would not deny, but i can be more patient till draft packs, where all this cards will avaiable. Now we can invest our hobby money to something more worthy
  • ReiNijs, maybe good to start S3 topic to find out on what condition more players will want to attend?
  • Reinijs victory against mortal players should count as 1.5pts and NOT 3pts :) LOL! To equal the level of all participants, so to speak :)
  • What do you think about the idea of ​​introducing a more or less regular league evenings/nights?
  • that sound more organised, just thumbs up..how often would u like?
    but we neeed to handle this league first before taking next step,lol! i would like to see more people in our comunity..

Maybe everybody who not decided to attend at S2 can share theyre thought what they would like to see from ANR comunity and league/night events.
    Maybe somebody wants to play core league for 1st?
  • Yes, I agree with Romas, as minority have registered in S2, it would be wiser to find out what the majority who skipped S2 really want.
  • My thoughts about league are exposed in a comment above.
  • first of all tnx to reinins for starting this lEagues and seasons.

1. guess more unclear what prize for that, that could be a point to miss that..i want to compete something unique, but usable for game ;)
    2. best thing of S2 is freedome where to play, cause right way would be play at shop and report results to admin in shop..
  • yurish, but we can play with u for fun also! not for ratings! just depends of the mood - 'ok,lets play for league' or 'im tyred, lets play just for fun'
  • for example to motivate play at Ludo, each match winner get some extra discount for next purchase, during a week :) i duno how this like to store managers :)
  • I can dedicate 1 evening each week (Mon-Thurs) to host ANR players in the store. Either to play for league or fun or if just to learn the game. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Poll

_PollData)):?>
    _PollAnswers->Result() as $Answer):?> votes / $this->_PollVotes) * 100)?>

• % ( votes)

CheckPermission('Plugins.Poll.Manage')):?> CheckPermission('Plugins.Poll.Manage')):?> No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion

Tagged